Thursday, November 7, 2013

BAO4 on show

Hello all

Apologies for a late update on the exhibition that Terence and I have put together here in Canberra: I have been super busy, plus I've been hoping that the official UNSWC photographer who covered the opening would send me his pictures, but they haven't arrived, and I had a space this morning so I'll just work with what I have!

What I have isn't too shabby. I've just uploaded a stack of photos into Flickr so head over there to see everything. Here's a few shots of the space, which is pretty stunning (they have given it a makeover since my solo show there last year).








I know that I haven't documented every book in the flickr set, apologies. And Sara's book turned up after this photo session, and it got inserted into one of the horizontal cases, so I'll update those images next time I get a chance.

The opening was fabulous, this institution do such a wonderful job. I'll put up photos when they arrive (I was going to take my own, but there was too much to do and a proper photographer walking around!).

Many thanks to Terence, who just loves playing with a space, and who went at those couches like a small boy with Lego:





We had a lot of fun, and I learned a lot about book structures from Terence's excellent structural vocabulary.

And many thanks to the UNSW Canberra team: Lisa Morisset, Rachel Hunter, Yvonna Gruszka, Denise Shepherd, Lyn Christie, and all the nice librarians.

I hope, if you're in the region, you get to see the show, otherwise we will keep adding to the flickr set and make it well-documented!



13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Woo Hoo. And a wonderful wonderful show it is.
So I am adding a big thank you to Terence and you for thinking of it - and for doing it.

layers said...

You are right.. this is a stunning space... congrats.

Amanda said...

What a massive effort all that documentation is! It really looks terrific. Thanks so much for all your hard work Caren and Terence.

Bertie said...

the exhibition looks great! thank you so muchf for your efforts. and also for sharing the pictures on flickr.

rObfOs said...

Many thanks & congratulations on a job well done Caren & Terence. The exhibition looks fabulous and the flickr catalogue of photos is superb. Many, many hours worth of work I'm certain.

Sara Bowen said...

Hi Caren and Terence, that looks GREAT! I hope you got my book OK in the post - finally :-) Thank you both so much for working so hard... Sara x

Jack Oudyn said...

Looks like a great exhibition, congratulations Caren and Terence.Thanks for your time and effort but well worth it judging by the photos on flikr.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Wow this is absolutely amazing...

Anna Mavromatis said...

Beautiful space, fantastic works, amazing photography; what an incredible effort from both of you! Thank you for all you've done!
I am truly proud to be a participant in such fabulous collective of artists!!!

Ampersand Duck said...

Yes, Sara, it arrived the day of the opening, so it made it into the case just in time for the peak crowd ;)
-- and it's fricking beautiful, so it drew a good amount of the crowd over to it. Photo imminent.

ronnie said...

big hugs and a round of drinks for duckie and terence! thanks guys (the space looks marvelous!)

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Thanks so much! I'm genuinely delighted to be a part of such a gorgeous exhibit. It looks fantastic, and the photos are very good. It must've been an insane amount of work to put it together.

If any of you in my groups are wondering where the heck your copies of mine are… alas… they are still in progress. I'm so sorry. I genuinely have not been able to work on them anywhere near as much as I'd hoped. They will be coming, I promise!

alicia said...

What a great spot---spacious and full of light.
Where's my book? ;)