Sunday, May 26, 2013

Second parcel off to Sarah Bodman

Thank you to everyone who posted me their books recently: I have now sent a second parcel to Sarah Bodman, ready for the second part of our BookArtObject Exhibition at the University of the West of England.  Huge thanks also to Sarah for making the exhibition a reality - Sarah's enthusiasm for our project has been a great incentive, and it is down to her generosity of spirit that she's turned Edition Four into a two-part exhibition in the Tom Trusky cases at UWE.  You can also read about the exhibition in this month's Book Arts Newsletter HERE (click on "82.pdf" to get to this issue of the newsletter!).  If you don't already follow the newsletter, it is a great resource for all things related to Book Arts and well worth reading.

As you know, I have great fun receiving your books, photographing and cataloguing them, so thanks to you too for letting me have a sneak peak at them before sending them off to Sarah!  In this parcel I was delighted to wrap up work from the following artists:

Sandra Winkworth, Fiona Dempster, Jac Balmer, Helen Malone, Rhonda Ayliffe, Terence Uren, Dianne Patmore, Aine Scannell, Kathy Boyle, Barbara Millman, Amanda Watson-Will, Anna Mavromatis, Penny Peckham, Gail Stiffe, Victoria Cowan, Momo, and myself.


And if you're in Group 12 and you're wondering where YOUR copy of my book "A Burning Question" is, the answer is ..."coming soon!"  I've almost finished making the edition and hope to get the books out in the post to you within the next week or two.

So what happens if you haven't yet finished your book/s and they weren't included in the first two parcels to Sarah Bodman?  Well the answer is this: a) don't worry - you still have a bit of time let to complete your edition; b) please send it to me as soon as you can so that I can photograph and catalogue it for our BAO records and then send it on to Sarah in the UK; and c) it won't be exhibited at UWE, but there may be other opportunities for exhibition in the future.

If you think that you CAN'T finish your book or that you won't be able to participate in this edition at all, PLEASE LET ME KNOW as there may be someone else who would like to take over your title.  I completely understand that life gets in the way of art most of the time, so please don't feel bad about it, but it would be really good if you could let me know so that I can reorganise the different groups within Edition Four.

1 comment:

Arzigogolare said...

Hello to all -
I just wanted to confirm that I AM still working on my book (#67 Mise en place) and hope to have it done in the next couple of months. My apologies for working so slowly, but I have very much enjoyed the process.
(I know I'm late commenting on your post, Sara, but hope that at least you see this so you know to expect my title in the somewhat near future.)
My best to everyone, and congratulations on all of your truly inspiring work...
- Lisa, Group 7