Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mailing

Yes, I've actually posted books off to Sarah Bodman in the UK.  Sarah's a fantastic person, so much so that she's offered to exhibit BAO Edition Four books not just once but twice this year - so for those you, like me, who haven't quite got there yet, we haven't missed out!  Not everyone who has sent me a book so far made it into the box, simply because of the limitations of box size and weight, but as I just mentioned, there will be a second box and second exhibition so none of us in the second box really misses out.  If you'd like to be included in the second box/exhibition, please try to get your work to me in the next month or two!  I'm not sure when the second exhibition will take place, but I don't want to miss that one too...

Some of you will be dying to know whether your books went in the first parcel so here's a list:

Gene Epstein, Avril Makula, Carol Freid, Anna Mavromatis, Caren Florance, Berti van der Meij, Celeste Hansel, Jo Cook, Lyn Skordal, Rhonda Ayliffe, Rebecca Chamlee, Angela Callanan, Estelle Liebenberg-Barkhuizen, Michelle Ray, Maureen Piggins, Janine Whitling, Alicia Bailey, Alicia Viers, Fiona Dempster, Jack Oudyn, Cheryl Penn, Jac Balmer, Terence Uren, Alicia Griswold, Di Patmore, Genevieve Nordmark, Trace Willans, Helen Malone, Rhonda Miller, Michelle Olsen.


Some of you have made more than one book but generally I only put one of your books in this package in order to get work by more artists in the box.  As it was, the box weighed over 3kgs and cost over $100 to post.  Fingers crossed Sarah receives it OK!  As and when I find out, I'll post the news on the blog.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hurray! Well done Sara! And it's great to know there is another chance for us slow-pokes. I was really kicking myself for being so disorganised.

Have you had any thoughts about how we will reimburse you for your post and packaging costs?

pennypeckham said...

Ditto to all of that!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Great news! Thanks, Sara. And, yes, Sarah is awfully nice and helpful. This is a relief--I've been feeling so guilty about my slow work rate.

I agree about contributing to costs...? If a majority of us pitched in even a few dollars, you wouldn't be out of pocket. Perhaps PayPal? They could handle exchange conversions. (Another source of guilt... one of my books is turning out to be surprisingly heavy.)

Sara Bowen said...

If you would like to make a donation towards the postage and packing it would be gratefully received! I do have a PayPal account: I think my account name is my email address i.e. sara@sarabowen.net And thank you very much for thinking of it... Sara x

Ampersand Duck said...

Great, I just slipped you some moolah. Because you rock :)