Thursday, January 10, 2013

A little update on "Throwaway"

Hand-painting the tyvek paper before printing

With the deadline for the show (second box) coming up, I have been busy working away, trying to put what has been a year of thinking and going in different directions in my head into a final concrete form. I thought you all might like to see some of my progress. I really like how this blog affords a peek into so many artist's studios, so gaze away at mine:

The back side of the tyvek needed no paint, it soaked through

Title "Throwaway" all inked up and ready to go

Typesetting the poem in Caslon Bold
Pressure Print Matrix (collagraph)
The print from the key matrix

Working on Side 2 Matrix
Julie Russell-Steuart, Edition 4, Group 5

5 comments:

dinahmow said...

Intriguing. I'm looking forward to reading more of this when all books are "home."

Helen M said...

Thanks for the peek at your progress Julie. Just love the typesetting and the inked letters.

Kathryn said...

I loved taking a look at your artwork, beautiful carol.

Fiona Dempster said...

What a fascinating glimpse - so many wonderfully interesting bibs and bobs - and to think the final will tell another story as well!

Julie Russell-Steuart said...

Thanks everybody, it's really nice to share work in progress with other book artists! Now back to printing...