Wednesday, January 16, 2013

#38 SUICIDE


My apologies for quietly lurking on the BookArtObject blog without introduction or updates. However, I'm happy to report my contribution to Group 6 is ready for posting. All I need are mailing addresses and I'll have the USPS do their part. The colophon info follows.
- Scott McCarney

-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-

COLOPHON DETAILS

BookArtObject Edition Four, Group 6
http://bookartobject.blogspot.com

Title taken from An Exercise for Kurt Johannessen (2010), by permission of the author, Sarah Bodman.

Book 38: SUICIDE (NOTE) is a reflection on the artist's brother's ambiguous suicide attempt in 1986 completed on the third anniversary of his death in 2010. Three type-script pages and a photograph are wrapped in a make-ready sheet from MEMORY LOSS, an artist book made in 1988 about the artist's brother's automobile accident. Mailed in a tyvek envelope to members of BookArtObject Group 6 and Sarah Bodman. 



3 comments:

Ampersand Duck said...

Hi Scott
Looks great! Sara is compiling our addresses right now, and I'm looking forward to sending out to you too.
Cheers
Caren

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Thanks Scott. I very much look forward to seeing it.

You will eventually get something in return from me, I promise. Circumstances slowed things down for a while...

All the best,

Ellen (Group 6)

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.