Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Impact 8 news & deadlines

Fingers crossed, folks, because I just sent two submissions off to the conference organisers at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design in Dundee, Scotland, for next year's Impact 8 conference!  Those of you who have been following the progress of Edition Four - or indeed taking part in Edition Four! - will know that it was kicked off at the Impact 7 conference in Melbourne in September 2011, so it would be fitting if all our hard work manifested as a conference paper and/or exhibition at Impact 8.  I've sent off abstracts for both an exhibition and a conference paper (provisionally titled Conversations: the artists' books of BookArtObject Edition Four), and at some point when I'm feeling braver I might put up the abstract so you can take a look at what I'm saying about the project.

So what does this mean about deadlines?  Well, you already know that you need to send me a copy of your book to give to Sarah Bodman.  I will be sending Sarah a big box of books early in the New Year so this is a sort-of deadline!  If you can get your book to me before January 1st 2013 I will be able to send it off in that box.  This pretty much guarantees that your book will be exhibited at the University of the West of England in March, when Sarah has kindly organised a BAO exhibition.  I will probably send off another box of books to Sarah a month or two later, to round upstragglers - this is the last deadline for me sending books off to Sarah in the UK.

What do you need to do?  If you want to be in Sarah's exhibition in the UK, please try and get your book to me by the New Year.  If that doesn't happen, it's OK, but please get your book to me ASAP after that so that I can send it off to Sarah in the second parcel.  I hope that Sarah will allow the books we send to her to be used for any exhibition I manage to pull off at Impact 8 in Dundee so you DON'T need to send me a second book for the Impact 8 exhibition.

I won't hear about either the conference paper or the exhibition proposal until early January, but as soon as I know anything I'll post it up on this blog!

10 comments:

ronnie said...

good luck!

pennypeckham said...

Exciting!
I'm aiming for January (probably not by the 1st)...when I'll have some time off.
As Ronnie sa
id...Good luck!

Helen M said...

Sounds exciting Sara - good luck from me too.

Amanda said...

Ooh exciting prospect! Heaven only knows whether I ' ll make the Jan 1 deadline, but I shall keep calm and carry on as you Brits ssay, and maybe it will happen!
Good luck with subs and thanks!

jac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jac said...

Sorry about the deleted comments. I seem to be very technolgically challenged at the moment.


If we live in the UK could we send Sarahs copy directly to her. This would save on postage and air mles

Barbara Simler said...

Sounds wonderful -- good luck!

Abigail Thomas said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Deadline! EEeeek!