Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Postal Clerk Helps With Edition

Hi - It's Genevieve from group 4 reporting that my little book #53 Protein is on its way. I was debating how to mail the books and then thought to empty all of my teabags on the counter and use the boxes. Now what to do with all of that tea?!

At the post office I had to fill out a customs form for six of the eight boxes I was mailing. I chatted with the clerk as he entered the addresses and contents of each box into the computer, stamped each of the three customs sheets for each package, tore off one of the three sheets and affixed it to each package, weighed each package, printed and attached the stamps and finally sent the packages to the mailroom. In the middle of it all he said, "well, this is quite the process!" All I could do was smile and say 'yes,  yes it is.'

Once the books arrive I will post more pictures!

5 comments:

Bertie (aka Kophieps) said...

I'm thrilled! so nice to know it's underway.

dinahmow said...

I'll let you know if a tea bag box arrives (Estelle's book arrived on Monday.)

Bertie (aka Kophieps) said...

It just arrived and I love it!

papergail said...

Thanks Genevieve,
My book was the first thing I opened when I got home yesterday. I love it and it was great to meet you in Cleveland!
Gail

Genevieve said...

I'm glad the book arrived safely! It was nice to meet you too, Gail. I hope that you had a great time in the States.
Genevieve