Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Missing Typewriter Key - Reveal





 It is almost two months since I posted off my little books
around the globe - I hope they have all arrived safe and sound by now.

So, herewith, my reveal
of my little concertina fold book
made from paper, card, stationery tags,
found &/ created images and shellac,
all tied up in handmade slip boxes and
tied up with red ribbon.
All the cut out circles represent
missing typewriter keys and
the images chosen are representative
of people/creatures/objects
missing in our present day world.
Things from the past which are lost
and can not be retrieved.

I had great fun making my first edition of books
and working through the processes to reach my final production.
It has been an educational and enjoyable lesson/journey for me
and I am looking forward to meeting up with
some of my fellow BAOers again today
when we head in to the State Library of Queensland
to have a close up look at some of the
Artist Books from their extensive collection.
Yippee!

10 comments:

dinahmow said...

Well, it certainly looks good! Once again, I find myself wishing I was in the group...

Thank you for writing such a clear post, Robyn.

Helen M said...

The book looks fabulous Robyn and I can't wait to see one in real life!

ronnie said...

....as one of the lucky recipients I must say a book in the hand is worth 40 million pics on a blog.....

well done robyn - its a little treasure

Barbara Simler said...

I feel very lucky to have a copy. It's a lovely book, and I shall treasure it!

paperworker said...

Robyn, this looks so special, you've done a fabulous job.

rObfOs said...

I must say, it's so nice to be part of a group of fellow bookmakers who are so free with their support and compliments. Thanks all for your generous comments :)

papergail said...

The book looks fabulous Robyn, I hope you had fun at the library!

papergail said...

The book looks fabulous Robyn, I hope you had fun at the library!

rObfOs said...

Thanks papergail, and yes - we did, we did, we did have fun at the libelbrary :)

Angela said...

I am delighted with my book too. It is really lovely and beautifully made. And as I said before, I was delighted to see that no typewriters were hurt in the making of the book :-)