Sunday, September 30, 2012

Group 12 Straggler

Just when I had completed the last artwork (late July) and had formatted the last page for printing my plans got upturned by an impending layoff notice which triggered a chain of events and activities, all of which derailed my completion efforts. Today I am back, possibly, on track after cleaning up, listing and selling my house, and doing a lot of heavy lifting that I am realizing I am probably a bit too old for. After it is printed there is still quite a bit of work left and I am currently also working 60 hour weeks at my regular job but collating and cutting out the books will be welcome manual therapy.
Kit Boyce, Group 12

7 comments:

Sara Bowen said...

Hi Kit, it sounds like you've been through the mill recently... Strangely several of us in the group have been laid off in the last month or so - hopefully it's not catching! I hope things get better soon, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your book. I've only just started mine. Best wishes, Sara

pennypeckham said...

Straggler!! I have a few images ready to go, but have SO much more to do. I don't thnk I'm alone. Hope to get mine done by the end of the year...or January, possibly...

Amanda said...

I'm not in your group, but please don't feel pressured. BAO is about FUN! Enjoy your therapy, the books will be ready when they're ready, and not a moment sooner.

rObfOs said...

Hi kb, genuinely sorry to hear life has taken unexpected turns, but don't despair re BAO - I have spoken (both in person and via email) to lots of other participants who are still in the formative stages of their projects. Hope BAO ends up giving you some deserved pleasure, not more stress.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Geez...I'm so sorry to hear what a rough time you've been having.

I'm another "straggler" who's still barely getting going. I think there are more than a few of us.

kb said...

All of it is actually good. I am getting a 2 month break with work on a feature resuming in January. The house in LA was never a feasible retirement spot so we are downsizing and trying to accommodate a more reasonable way of living closer to where the rest of my family are, back east. Book is coming along and I hope to be sending it off before the year is over, barring surprises. Thanks for all the kind words. Cheers-kit

Abigail Thomas said...

Rough times are abundant it seems. But hang on in there. This is the place to let the creativity flow despite the turmoil of everyday life. And don't worry about straggling; I haven't started mine yet, and I'm making two editions! Ha! Eeeekk.....