Wednesday, July 4, 2012

News update - our first BookArtObject exhibition!

Hello again!  I've had a wee break from blogging recently, partly due to the annoying fact that I have to use Firefox to access Blogger now and my poor little laptop doesn't like it.  Anyway, never mind, it's been good to catch up and read all your news.

I've got some news for you, too, which is that Sarah Bodman (lovely author of An Exercise for Kurt Johannessen, from whence we have our story titles, and general all-round book-arts-goddess) will be displaying sundry BookArtObject books in the Tom Trusky display cases at the University of the West of England, UK, in March next year.  Hooray!  Our very first dedicated BAO exhibition, in the home of the Impact international multi-disciplinary printmaking/book arts conference.  Thank you Sarah!

And given how many of you are close to finishing, I'd like to remind you to please send your author copy to ME as I am collecting them up to send to Sarah Bodman in one go, at the end of this year.  Additionally it gives me the chance to sneak a peak at your books and catalogue them which, since BookArtObject is becoming better known, is a GOOD THING.  So please send them off to me, and if you don't have my address either ask your group co-ordinator or send me an email.  Many thanks.

4 comments:

Helen M said...

Great news Sara, and another incentive to get a move on finishing our books!

Barbara Simler said...

Yes, excellent news! And a good incentive to get busy...

Abigail Thomas said...

Yay! Good news!

Bertie (aka Kophieps) said...

oh that's great! And it is good to be reminded to send Sarah Bodman's copy to you, Sara; I'd nearly forgotten that.