Wednesday, May 9, 2012

celebrate good times (woo hoo!) with ronnie


Many of my blog friends will be aware that over the last weekend I finally (FINALLY!) managed to get my rustic Sams Creek studio and garden finished enough to open its doors to the public as ‘Sams Creek Bookworks’ 

 
it's little, it's rustic, it's doors are brighter than bright orange!
its my bookworks 
here's its dedicated blogsite

It was a wonderful day – 20 years in the making (all good things come to those who wait) my studio was bursting at the seams with book/press/calligraphy lovers – and the curiously curious.
At one point later in the day I was showing a rapt crowd my BAO collection of works – which lucky for me is every book made during editions one, two and three – it was such a delight to hand all the BAO books around the mob and share the tale of BookArtObject. 

 (any second now I reach behind for that brown and red box housing all my BAO treasures....
can you spy it in the background near the C&P press?)

As I was passing the books around a small voice asked ‘do you have something made by Carol in there?’ imagine that?– an informed public! I was thrilled to find out that amongst all the other lovely folk who visited my little space that day were friends/colleagues of BAOs very own Carol of Barnacle Goose Paperworks - a lady whose virtual presence I have treasured since our virtual-only meeting here in blog land. 

Every day I’m discovering that the world is smaller yet more exquisite than I ever imagined…

Then this morning I realised that I was about to write my 400th post (double bi-centenary!) on my art & etc blog – so I decided it was time for a c*e*l*e*b*r*a*t*i*o*n…….
head over to here to read more…


(ps I will be getting started with my new BAO editions in the next while – I’m so impressed with all those folk who have made a start/created a whole edition already – you clever things!)

cheers from the creek
ronnie xx

4 comments:

Helen M said...

After all the work you've put in to make this all happen, ronnie, it's great to see you celebrating and I'm with you in spirit.

Julie Russell-Steuart said...

I love the doors! Congratulations on getting your shop all ready.

Julie Russell-Steuart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Simler said...

Congratulations, Ronnie! It looks like a wonderful space.