Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A brief introduction

Wow - so many of you have already created such lovely work... and I am just posting my introduction!

I am a visual artist, book artist and graphic designer from Toronto, Canada (please have a peek here if you would like to see some of my artist's books). I've just returned from an amazing week in Denmark, coincidentally attending the same book arts festival where Sarah Bodman buried the inspiration for our collective project! Along with fellow Canadian book artist, Ewa Zebrowski, I gave the symposium keynote talk, met some amazing book artists from around the world, and enjoyed far too much rye bread and cheese.

Ewa and I at our exhibition table in Doverodde


The Limfjordscentret, site of the Doverodde Book Arts Festival and Symposium


Now... on to my title: "The Darkness"!


2 comments:

Vicki said...

Welcome Maureen, I look forward to seeing/reading more about your book journey with BAO.

Abigail Thomas said...

Welcome! Looks like you had a great time there. I keep hearing little bits about that place, maybe one day I will visit it.