Friday, April 20, 2012

Today I Go To The Post Office! But First, An Intro...

Spent the morning doing a VERY satisfying task -- wrapping my little books in tissue, depositing them into padded envelopes and adding mailing labels to fellow Group Two book people in three different countries.  I'll wait to post details for a couple weeks to make sure the Group has the book in hand before I share any info.

This is my first edition with BAO and my first attempt at making an editioned book. Normally, I work in two-dimensional collage and OOAK artists books, usually featuring collage work and paper-cuts.  You can find some of my personal collage work at www.regularpaper.blogspot.com and a few photos of some of my book work on a general portfolio site at lynnskordal.paspartout.com.  Personal details:  I am a retired lawyer, been collaging for about five years, book-making (sounds illegal!) for two.  I live on an island in the middle of a lake in the middle of a large city in the beautiful Pacific Northwest (USA).  A few samples of my work:


Best to all of you and so looking forward to receiving your books!

Lynn Skordal (aka "paperworker")

10 comments:

jac said...

You are so organised. The first book to arrive! This is exciting, I will be watching for the postman with anticipation. I really need to get a move on and make some decisions about mine.

rObfOs said...

I must say I am having a bit of book envy every time I see more beautiful books being posted about. If only I belonged to every group, then perhaps I could satisfy my wanton greed.
Your collage images look hauntingly beautiful and your cut paper work looks crisp, precise and whimsical. Lucky group 2 people.

rObfOs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

The books on your portfolio website are stunning and beautifully made. I love the eggs! Looking forward to seeing the photos of this edition.

Helen M said...

Congratulations Lynne on finishing your first edition - it looks beautiful and your cut paper work is gorgeous.

Amanda said...

Well done on finishing your edition Lynn. I just checked out your collages and love your sense of humour! Am off now to take a look at your books. All the best!

paperworker said...

Thank you all! This is a warm, supportive and TALENTED group and I am grateful that you let me be a part of it. Lynn

Jane said...

This book looks amazing, can't wait to see more.

Fiona Dempster said...

Hi Lynn - I am so excited that there is a book winging its way to me. Its a wonderful group to be able to exchange such gorgeous works; thank you in advance. Mine are almost ready to post as well - yippee.

ronnie said...

gosh i'm super impressed with everyone getting their things together... I'm still trying to figure out which group I'm in for which books!