Sunday, April 29, 2012

ANOTHER MEETING

There is something very satisfying about seeing the face, hearing the voice when all previous contact has been , shall we say, ethereal.

Yesterday, I met Angela and Abi in London (I'm staying on the southern fringe) and we took in a couple of exhibitions at the Hayward, sloshed through puddles and wound up our afternoon with restorative glass at a handy pub.

The conversation? Well, books, of course! And we touched on the folly of library closures, the somewhat rigid view some folk have of artist books, the long-distance companionship of collaborations like ours. Politics may have entered into it, but I'll leave that out for the moment!

And suddenly it was time catch our various chariots. A nice young tourist chap obliged with a picture...
                                               Angela, Abi and Di.


8 comments:

Barbara Simler said...

It's wonderful that you all live close enough to meet up. I'd love to meet some BAO members, but I don't think anyone else lives in the wilds of Western Canada! :)

ronnie said...

what a great meet up - but it looks a titch windy over there!

Helen M said...

Bet you had a great booky afternoon, but it does look cold!!

Amanda said...

My first thought was how cold you all look - not the first to notice, I see. Nevertheless, I'm sure you all enjoyed the get-together, and I'm sorry my visit didn't coordinate.

Sara Bowen said...

Wow, that's a REALLY reflective bit on your jacket, Di! It sounds like you had a great time - how lovely. Sara x

Abigail Thomas said...

Yeah it was wet and windy that day! But we had fun; saw two shows at the Hayward gallery before it got crowded, and had some good book arts chats. Happy to do it again if anyone else ventures to London or nearby...

The Elephant's Child said...

What a lovely albeit cold and windy meeting.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

That's so wonderful. It still amazes me how the Internet has connected us all across continents, but then for a few of us scattered souls to actually get to meet! I really am delighted for you.