Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Click-jack away, click-jack away!

Not heard of this term? Well soon you might have first hand experience! I got back from my camping weekend to find an email from Sally, who wishes to participate in BookArtObject and had read my blog post on the artistbooks.ning.com space. I'd put in a link to this blog in my post, hoping to persuade another few people to pick a title: 84 out of Sarah Bodman's 100 titles have been taken so there are only 16 to go and we'll be producing artists books for them all!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, when Sally clicked on the link to http://bookartobject.blogspot.com she ended up somewhere completely different - I won't put the address in here as her browser correctly concluded it was a phishing website. That, my friends, is click-jacking, so beware... I've currently got a Support query active with the Ning site administrators and I will be interested to see what happens.





Meanwhile I thought you'd like an update; if you know anyone who would be interested in any of the remaining titles, please get them to email me (you are welcome to pass on my email address) or to submit a comment on this post and I will follow it up. And by the way, Sarah Bodman is flabbergasted that 84 of her titles are taken! I emailed her and her response was, "Wow, Sara that is amazing! It would be pretty wonderful to get to 100 but I am amazed that you have 84 people, this is fantastic!" so I think she's happy!

2 comments:

ronnie said...

I've never heard of 'click-jacking' - (but wouldn't it make an excellent book title.....)... fingers crossed for 16 more title takers

Julie Russell-Steuart said...

The click-jacking might be coming from the computer. I had this happening all the time on a couple different browsers, until my husband cleared out some corrupted files that were either viruses or allowed the browser to attract phishing malware. He also did a system wide repair of hard drives in the utilities mode. Any files with a bunch of letters and numbers that don't make sense (a string) could be the culprit, unless you know what it is.