Friday, January 13, 2012

Possible solution for IE users?

I came across a possible solution for us IE users(Internet Explorer) concerning not being able to use the comment-field anymore.
I have tested it out on my own blog to see what happens.
If administrator on BAO goes into settings and changes how the comment-field is located, is might solve the problem.
BAO now has the comment-field "embedded", which should be changed to "full page" under "Settings" (posts and comments).(Comment Location).

As having two different browsers downloaded on my computor slows it down considerable, I hope administrator of this blog is willing to try this solution?

Elisabeth Omdahl(group six)

3 comments:

SooZeQue said...

I ran into this issue on my own computer just in the last 2 weeks and found out the reason was because IE needs to allow "third party cookies". Some folks that have a lot of advertisements and locations maps cause this issue. You can fix it by

1. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
2. On the Privacy tab, move the settings slider to Low or Accept All Cookies.
3. Click OK.

Directions may be slightly different depending on what you have. Hope this helps.

Elisabeth Omdahl said...

I`m in!!!!

I see the comment -field has changed to "full page", and that resolved it for me!
Hope it helpes the others too?

Elisabeth Omdahl(G6)

Helen M said...

Yes thank you Elisabeth and whoever changed the page setting. Everything works fine now.