Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Great Colophon Debate continued - Sara Bowen

Um, just to add to the debate, how about the following for a colophon? You can keep it short and sweet or expand it, but I am suggesting that all of our colophons follow this basic format. What do you think?


BookArtObject Edition Four, Group [insert your group number HERE]
http://bookartobject.blogspot.com

Title taken from An Exercise for Kurt Johannessen (2010), by permission of the author, Sarah Bodman.

[your own long or short explanation about Sarah Bodman's book, your book and how it is made HERE]

[your own version of copy number and signature HERE]

15 comments:

dinahmow said...

(My light bulb has blown -excuse gaffs, please!)
Thanks, Sara, that's good. If it comes to a vote I am a yes.

Abigail Thomas said...

Yes great, although I think we should all include the bookartobject URL in there too....

rObfOs said...

All sounds sensible and intelligible to me, also agree with Abigail's suggestion of including the bookartobject reference.
rObfOs (Robyn Foster) Group 4

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

This is good. I like it, and the fact that it gives us a little leeway. I also agree that we should add the URL.

ronnie said...

I think we have a winner!

Anna Mavromatis said...

Yes!

Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

I like it. I tend to neglect colophons and then have to incorporate them at the last minute. This template will allow me to factor it in from inception. Thanks for thinking ahead!
Alicia
Group 7

BEMBindery said...

Thanks Sara - this seems just right. It gives a consistency to the edition plus the flexibility for each of us to put a personal 'signature' on our work.

Sara Bowen said...

Oops, I should have included the web address - I've edited my post to include it! Thanks guys.

Angela said...

And it is a yes from me Sara. That's 9 Yes's. You know what that means Sara? You're going to Hollywood! ;-)

Helen M said...

It's a yes from me too.

Vicki said...

Definitely a yes from me and thanks for putting it together...one less thing for me to figure out at the last moment.

Barbara Simler said...

Sounds good -- I vote yes.

Ampersand Duck said...

Fabulous, I love it... room to be wordy or not!

Kophieps said...

Thanks for figuring out a colophon, what a happy and useful thought.