Friday, December 23, 2011

Another big reveal

I think it is finally safe to show you images of my contribution to Art & Lies (Edition 3). I believe that all the overseas recipients must have their copies now – I didn’t want to ruin the surprise for them.

So over on my blog I have posted a little video I made to give you a bit of a feel for my book, “The Great Library of Alexandria”. It’s a structure where handling is a key part of engaging with the work and coming to understand it, so I thought video was the best way to overcome distance. Unfortunately you won’t have a sense of the texture the papyrus has, but I haven’t worked out how to manage that!

I’ve decided to include the letter I posted off with the copies going overseas, so you can see a little more about the way the book came together.

letter

2 comments:

dinahmow said...

Thankyou, Amanda. This is exactly what this blog is for-sharing.

There have been some wonderful interpretations of Winterston's text and I do wish I'd been able to do both!
And I shall hop over to your blog and click that video when time allows...

Ampersand Duck said...

Well done! And just in time for Christmas, which I hope you enjoyed knowing that this was done & dusted :)