Sunday, November 27, 2011

Another “Art & Lies” edition ready to go

books

For those members of the “Art & Lies” edition who live outside Australia, your patience is about to be rewarded at last.

I managed to complete enough of the edition for the exhibition at Impact, and to hand-deliver the Australian members their copies, but today I finished the entire edition. At 10 books plus 1 A/P, it is barely large enough, and I think next time I will revert to making a few more.

I will be packing up and posting the ones that are heading overseas this week, so they will be just in time to catch the Christmas package rush!

Once they have arrived, I will write a post with plenty of photos for everyone to see.

In the meantime, I thought I would share a couple of booky links with you. The first is a video of Randi Parkhurst’s work “Patience” on vimeo here: http://vimeo.com/7694315 

If you like Russian Dolls, you will love this. (I just discovered that Carol posted this here nearly 2 years ago, but I thought that it is such a beautiful example, I’d leave it in again).

And for lovers of calligraphy, Yves Letterme has this video posted on youtube. It’s a collaboration between Letterme and harpist, Andrea Voets.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

ronnie said...

yay amanda!

ooo and you are showing me up - I really should have shared yves latest offering (I honestly didn't think of it - so I'm pleased you're on the ball!) Yves is such a lovely person and his work is a reflection of his authentic spirit

Abigail Thomas said...

woo hoo! bookartobject xmas pressies!

Aine Scannell said...

I really am looking forward to receiving your book Amanda

You were one of my very first ever artist friends on the net - so that makes it extra special.
Hope you are not overdoing it all the same - leave it till after christmas if it means making yourself unwell.

Having said that, over the past few weeks, I have been busting my guts working on getting several large prints sufficiently finalized for digital submissions for an upcoming deadline. Better get off to bed now as I am cream crackered !!!

Angela said...

Amanda I have received my lovely book. It is really gorgeous, beautifully made. Thank you.