Sunday, September 18, 2011

testing the waters

hi everyone....

well this time next week I hope to be safely in Melbourne ready to install the BAO books as part of Impact 7 .... you may have noticed a bit of blog tweaking over the last wee while as we get ready to take the work - and the blog to town....

Sara and I have chatted about how we might be able to best integrate static books and active blog so the whole becomes an interesting experience - including for those on the other side of the world (especially our fellow BAO artists) who are not able to attend the conference....

We've looked at various ideas about mobile blogging to allow the BAO folk attending the conference (Sara, Amanda, Caren, and me - Ronnie) to share things 'in real time'..... I found a way to do this during my residency at BBWF (my i-feel-the-passion blog was an exercise in frustration as I had to upload one pic at a time via email, I couldn't add text in the same post as a pic and vice-versa.... couldn't edit, couldn't format, couldn't save to draft first...... it was real fly-by-the seat-of-your-pants stuff!)

Today I discovered Blogger have just released a Blogger app in the App store (and yes apparently there's an Android version too...)

This post is a test of sorts - a hybrid posting uploading text and pics from my i-phone, editing on a desktop then further editing back on the i-phone.... just to see if the new app works smoothly.... sooo there's about to be a gratuitous ronnie pic from my phone pics library just to test the waters....




and if I can get it all to work - golly imagine the possibilities!!!!




....

7 comments:

dinahmow said...

Woo-hoo!
The pic came through just fine, no long , jerky delay(as happens with Youtube and some other phone stuff). It's a black-and-white pic. If that's how it was sent, no problem. Actually, I have no problem with monochrome, but if you were to post pics from the conference they would, of course, be more realistic in colour.
But the idea is great. Just find whatever is easy for you to do from your phone and we'll all be happy campers!

A further possibly interesting note: our local library would be happy to host a showing of artists books. I've offered my own growing collection and they will see what dates are available. More at a later date...

ronnie said...

yes the piccie here is B&W in the original.... and I adore the idea of satellite shows.... formal or informal in nature.....

with only this test as a guide, I've found the blogger app v. easy and reliable - limited of course in its scope...but no where near as limited and frustrating as trying to use the email to blogger facility....

Amanda said...

Fantastic! I have been struggling to register my phone through blogger and it hasn't happened. My iphone isn't the latest one though. I'm off to look for the app and see if it will work for me.

ronnie said...

don't bother doing the 'register the i-phone' thingy.... i didn't find it worked (and I DO have the latest phone... ) I figured out a while back how to email to post (I trialled that behind the scenes here.... and figured I'd manage to post that way down in melbourne.....) then today noticed an alternative.... it works MUCH better!

Abigail Thomas said...

oh yes I blog from my phone all the time! I have an HTC so I use the android app; its great! I look forward to hearing from you all; thanks for keeping us all up to date!

Ampersand Duck said...

I'm downloading it as I type... and that reminds me to give myself a data boost before I go so that I don't blow out my bill! Am used to doing everything at home on my wifi set-up :)
Does anyone know if Impact will have free wifi points?

ronnie said...

I DO know that monash campuses have wifi..... and I will be able to access it because (insert smug smile) I have a monash student account.... I'm not sure how accessible it will be to all you other riff-raff (hee hee hee)