Thursday, September 22, 2011

Impact preparations


Getting ready to go to Melbourne
(an overnight bus trek on Saturday- save me!)

I'm making small tags and other bits for our BAO exhibition at Impact7



Given the constraints of site (our work will be exhibited in small glass cabinets... one part of me is happy - my personal BAO collection will be protected from grotty or light fingers... the curator/audience part of me is less thrilled - 'what? we can't play with the books? BUMMER!')
I'm planning a very streamlined space.... I won't be cluttering up the cabinets with extraneous bits and bobs - no arty statements etc in the cabinets. I hope everyone understands and supports this decision. The idea is that this blog becomes the hub - and from here it should be possible to find all the information that might have been onsite (only it's far more attractively and comprehensively presented here - and on personal BAO blogsites) Oh and as part of our Impact catalogue entry I listed all the BAO peeps blog addresses alongside our names......

it will be interesting to see what happens...

wellllll time for me to see how I'm going to pack all those BAO books so they survive the underbelly of the bus


...

6 comments:

Anna Mavromatis said...

the way you plan to set up the BAO works is the best way!
I appreciate all the work, all the time, thought and concern you are putting on this and I know the collection is going to be wonderfully showcased!
Best of luck with everything, smooth (bus) ride, enjoy every moment!

alison said...

Enjoy the ride , both in the bus and for the exhibition. To all concerned setting it up ,congratulations a job well done and I too appreciate the work and effort involved.Looking forward to any result.

Abigail Thomas said...

agreed! thanks so much for doing this. I agree with the curator side, but sometimes its just unavoidable. i'm sure it will look ace!

Fiona Dempster said...

Thanks so much Ronnie - I'm sure you'll do us proud and I really appreciate that you are going to so much trouble and taking such care. I'll be with you all in spirit! F

dinahmow said...

Echoing the others...

Ampersand Duck said...

I'm doing a portfolio table, and had all sorts of nightmares about lost luggage on the plane, so I ended up sending my portfolio by courier and booking it for the plane on the way home! Good luck with your trip; my backpack is full of books etc being padded by as few clothes as I can manage! I'll be living in simple clothes with interesting accessories :)
See you there! (squeeeee)