Thursday, September 8, 2011

Checking in after a long absence...

Dear BAO peeps, I feel as though I've been living in a vacuum for months, barely blogging or reading posts and not even creating much. I have so much to catch up on but first must say how wonderful it has been to receive the "Paper Wrestling" books. It is such a thrill to come home to heaps of mail (I've been away from home for weeks at a time) and to find your wonderful books there. This last trip had Ronnie's fabulous flower book - I can't express how in awe I am to actually  have one of these books. Thanks Ronnie, it's a treasure.

I've just returned from Lake Eyre. What can I say, except that it was wonderful, amazing, mysterious... and that I had no idea that South Australia was so big, so dry, so glorious. I can suddenly see why people say you should see your own country first.

I've blogged about it at www.barnaclegoose.com but here is just one photo:

I'm not sure I'll be joining in with the next book but I'll certainly be reading everyone's blogs, and especially Book Art Object. This has been a wonderful experience, working in a group and I don't want to lose that so I'll be here lurking and watching for a while. Where else could you meet such a varied and interesting (and nice) bunch of people?

3 comments:

dinahmow said...

Welcome home! And do, please, stick around. Even if we are not all able to participate in every round, I think it';s good to maintain the contact.

Angela said...

Welcome back Carol. I agree with Di - even if you don't take part in the next edition please keep in touch. Its nice having you around :-)

Sara said...

And I also agree! This project started because I was feeling lonely and needed to find some people to play with, and it's more than exceeded that brief: everyone who has contributed has brought a different gift, and I hope we all stay in touch... anyway, the whole "no pressure" idea means you can dip in and dip out as you wish!