Thursday, September 1, 2011

Putting information on this blog

Dear All,

I've made every contributor an Administrator! This gets around the problem of contributors not being able to put up and maintain their own profile on the "Contributors" page. To go to that page simply click on "Edit Posts", and once you're on the "Edit Posts" page you'll see a row of tabs at the top left hand corner of the page, and just under them you will see three options: "New Post", "Edit Posts", and "Edit Pages". If you click on "Edit Pages" you will be able to chose which page to edit... et voila! Feel free to go in and have a go.

From now on I'm going to download a full .html backup of the blog every week, which means that if something goes horribly wrong I will be able to reinstall it and we'll only lose a few days' work. If you aren't comfortable putting up or editing your own information I'm very happy to do it for you.

Sorry about the slight change of font and appearance, by the way! This was an unintentional by-product of me fiddling around yesterday - if you hate it, we can probably change it back!

This is Dinahmow adding her tuppenceworth.
What you have to do is click"new post" first then the "edit posts" bit. But let me hit the pubkish button and make sure I know what I'm talking about!
And, for once,I do seem to be correct!

6 comments:

ronnie said...

well - its certainly going to get interesting around here! talk about a real collaborative effort eh!

dinahmow said...

Yes...I'm writing this from Alison's place as we both get used to it!
Dinah

Abigail Thomas said...

im a bit lost; so many posts in 24 hrs, i need to read them in order me thinks....

Sara said...

Ooh, judging by the Contributors page it's all working! Thank you...

Abigail Thomas said...

I dont know why my bit I put on the contributors page is two tone but I have tried changing it and its still the same! Any ideas anyone?

Angela said...

Thanks Sara I think the blog looks great now and I love the extra pages.

Abigail - it looks like there are 2 different font colours. I hope you don't mind but I went in and highlighted all of it and selected the font colour - and its all the same font colour now.