Tuesday, April 5, 2011

GROVELLING APOLOGIES

My visitors struck it lucky with the sunshine and managed a couple of days sailing in the Whitsundays, slathered in 50+ sunscreen.

And then it rained.

And here it is, April the fifth and this is the first non-raining day in weeks. The Easter Bunny, this year, will be wearing a hi-viz yellow sou'wester.

There has been rather a lot of this....

...road closed


What this means, in terms of getting things dried*, is that the work I'd hoped to have done in time for Caren's "show-and-tell" is still wet. Sorry, Duck.

But lest you think I'm not doing anything...



A few sneak peeks at more tatty bits of paper.

Not being overly bright when it comes to arithmetic, I usually have to "go the long way 'round" and make my calculations with a long piece of string and lots of scribbledy paper. Yes, 'scribbledy' is so a word!

And now my brain hurts...but I'm on the home run. I think. I hope.

*And we wont even mention laundry!

7 comments:

ronnie said...

agreed - 'scribbledy' is so to a word!!!

as is sloshorama (which is of course weather related mud-puddle jumping and laundering)

hope it dries out soon so your scribbledy wickedy pics come to booky fruition....

Abigail Thomas said...

totally! what she said! ;)

Anna Mavromatis said...

I wish you a sunny and dry April!
Can't wait to see what your "scribbledy" papers and string are helping you plan...

Angela said...

I read it as "April the filth" when I looked at it first :-) Along with the picture of the flooded road it just seemed right and goes with scribbledy and all the rest...

alison said...

I too am housebound due to wet weather/family things etc... but life goes on and I truly sympatise with Dinahnow but we will make it. I love the picture of your tape measure, something for the future perhaps.Looking forward to whatever develops.
Now back into the project, move on and upwards as they say, moving another step closer.

dinahmow said...

Ronnie... your mud is probably worse, especially with the bovine additions!

Abigail...thanks.

Anna... today, I saw blue sky. briefly...

Angela...that's very funny!

Ali...yes, we WILL get there.

Carol said...

Yes, moving on and upwards, and it's about time I got back to Paper Wrestling too. I've just had a week in the country - no computer, no mobile - lots of blue sky - priceless.