Thursday, March 31, 2011

working!

I've been busy..... wrestling with paper no less....

here's a little 'wrestling' teaser...
you'll all just have to wait to see the finished book! hee hee hee


This week I have made great strides in my 'paper wrestling' piece.... I've created a design model, then a prototype and today I've made a first finished piece (woo hoo!). This first piece won't actually be part of the edition proper (I'm adding/ altering/ tweaking a few things...) but I've ironed out all the details, checked my paper pile to ensure I've got enough of everything, and today I've been amassing a pile of 'wrestling' components (marbled paper - tick, handmade paper signatures - tick, typewriter text - tick, inkjet prints - tick).... so all you BAO edition 2 paper wrestlers won't have too much longer to wait for your little ronnie 'wrestling' piece.....


(you can find more sneaky peek pics here.....)

6 comments:

Angela said...

Looks fascinating Ronnie. I want to know more about the typewriter!

ronnie said...

haa haa haa - I THOUGHT a piccie of my old typewriter would pique your interest angela! (its an old Brother... I'm unsure what model - I got it new for my 11th birthday in the late 1970s... a surprisingly fantastic, if unusual birthday gift....) oh and if you have any idea how I might find new ribbon for my old dear I'd love to hear about it angela

Abigail Thomas said...

woop! im not in the paper wrestling group so I hope we get to see full pics when its been sent and received!

Angela said...

Ronnie here's 2 links from Ebay Australia. Most of the links I have are for the UK so may not be any good for you. I had no problem getting a ribbon for my Silver-Reed Silverette but am having a little more difficulty getting one for my Underwood.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BROTHER-LEMAIR-SPOOL-BK-RED-TYPEWRITER-RIBBON-FRESH-INK-/180474195007?pt=AU_Typewriters&hash=item2a0519ac3f

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BROTHER-LEMAIR-SPOOL-BLK-TYPEWRITER-RIBBON-FRESH-INK-/180404282634?pt=AU_Typewriters&hash=item2a00eee50a

Description on these says its suitable for all Brother Manual Typewriters. You might be able to see if it will fit by looking at the spool. Good luck :-)

Carol said...

Exciting news for those of us in the Paper Wrestling group!

Ampersand Duck said...

One of my students found a box of ribbons in a woebegone newsagency, so maybe just sniff around some country town stationers and newsagencies? That's how I find carbon paper, too!