Tuesday, February 1, 2011

progress (but not as we know it)

Its been hot here at the creek today

mighty mighty (more than 40C) hot

so of course I started working on one of my BAO projects (of course.....)

I call this - 'sweaty paper wrestling'.....


I'm basically thinking with my fingers (as usual) 
and given the heat and humidity, that means making a moist mess!....

but at least by trying out ideas with left-over bits and bobs I can see how my idea may hold up..... 



hmmmmm - I've got some more thinking through making to be done...

and my solo exhibition to get under control
(T-minus 17 days and counting..... oh boy - where has the time flown?)




....

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sweaty is right. Everything inside is sticky, everything outside is sizzling. I don't dare touch all my beautiful sheets of white paper but I am playing with grungy paint effects, which is great fun.

Angela said...

Looks intriguing Ronnie. Best of luck with the solo exhibition - your studio looks great (Sam Creeks Bookworks blog) I've tweeted it :-)

Abigail Thomas said...

this looks like an interesting start - sweaty = nasty paper, its windy and rainy over here in the UK, no chance of sweating here!