Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Southern Cross University Acquisitive Artists' Book Awards

We made it! Congratulations to everyone who took part in Edition One last year: our group entry has been accepted into the SCU Acquisitive Artists' Book Awards 2011! These are images of the two pages BAO will be taking up in the exhibition catalogue:






















My individual entry also made it (phew, I have a couple of lines on my CV for 2011! Always a relief...) and I imagine that there are others in the collective whose individual entries were also selected, in which case congratulations to you, too. Eventually a list will be posted up at the Next Gallery web pages but I've just checked and nothing's gone up yet so I don't know who else is in the awards.






















This good news means that Edition One members have to SEND ME THEIR BOOKS ASAP! I'll email you with the details but essentially I have to get all of the books up to Lismore by 4th February... aargh! If you can get the work to me as soon as humanly possible I think it will be safest for me to drive the work up to Lismore (a good excuse to catch up with some friends!), because there's no way I'm trusting all eight books to a courier...

10 comments:

Carol said...

Wow! That's fantastic Sara, thanks so much for your efforts on our behalf. I'll get mine in the post today.

Anna Mavromatis said...

Congratulations!!!
I also like the layout on the catalogue pages: excellent!!!

ronnie said...

blogger ate my earlier comment! and now I've kinda forgotten what I said - other than wheeeeee! well done everyone (and thanks sara for all your hard work)

Ida said...

well done sara!

Abigail Thomas said...

well done everyone from edition I! x

Amanda said...

Oh yay! that is great news! A very good start to the year. I'll get a copy into the post this week. Thanks Sara for getting the entry together on our behalf.

Angela said...

Woo! Brilliant! The brochure looks lovely. Will send mine as soon as I can.

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts Sara, it is very much appreciated.

Ampersand Duck said...

Woo hoo!
Now for the nitty gritty -- I think most of us just made enough for the edition... are we sending our personal copies, or an A/P if we have them? What if they are acquisitioned? Just wondering, I think I have a spare!

Fiona Dempster said...

Go team! Well done - the edition all together is a stunning piece and a candidate for acquisition for sure. I hope to get down to see them all in the flesh at some point. Congrats Sara for all the hard work as well (and fingers crossed they all arrive in time)

moreidlethoughts said...

Mine will be mailed on Saturday by my lovely Posting Person as I'll be in New York till after the due date.