Wednesday, January 19, 2011

THE ARTISTIC VERSION OF CHINESE WATER TORTURE?





It's a cold, rainy morning. The icicles succumb to their water torture... drip...drip...drip...



I pour another cup of Mocha-Java, look at the confetti'd attempts to convert one plain sheet of buff to the elegant image in my head. sigh...

The laptop signals a new message...I click the link...and am immediately reminded of Ronnie and her shed full of "rescued" books, waiting in silent cobwebs for the day they, too, will be re-formed.

So, as you see, I am still (mentally at least!) wrestling with my project. Nothing much in the "pretty pictures" line to show you, but ideas forming, melding, changing in the chroming solution of my head.



6 comments:

Anna Mavromatis said...

thoughts so beautifully expressed...
I loved seeing and reading them!

ronnie said...

ahhh - your post reminds me of all the things I like about this rag-tag 'collection' of book art people..... even when we are not making, we are thinking - and not just about the project at hand - but often we are thinking of each other (even though we've mostly never met). Over this past week my thoughts have been on those BAO folk affected by all the floods... and here's you di thinking of my cobwebbed booky collections..... I find that really touching

Ida said...

thanks dina, confettied plain buff amid tortured icicles is conjuring wonderful images in my mind....keep going.
jane xo

Carol said...

Love hearing about your life in New York. New York! Maybe BOA members could take up looking after cats around the world.

moreidlethoughts said...

anna...thankyou
ronnie...still dry, I hope? Yes, we all have a close connection.I like that.
Ida...it's funny, but that line has given me an idea for something quite different from Claire's poem.
Carol...hahaha!I shall tell Storbie and all the cats I know.

Fiona Dempster said...

Thanks Dina - I think we all share the struggle of wrestling with the ideas and making them a reality. Mastery of converting the brilliantly conceived vision into the perfect reality is like a holy grail I reckon. Enjoy NY!