Thursday, December 2, 2010

mini progress report: update!


I am happy to report that my response to Winterson’s Art & Lies’ excerpt is well on its way.
First stage* of production is completed, and chances are the edition will be ready for shipment soon. Of course with the holidays coming, my family and work demands, I need to clarify: “soon” in my present state of affairs translates… sometime in January!
As Angela very correctly guessed, the Greek text I introduced into my composition, is a segment from the Gortyn law. I couldn’t resist including Greek into a work related to the Great Library of Alexandria.
I plan to report again on my progress and post some clearer images –perhaps of more detail, or should I say of less moody and vague fuzziness… Straight forward pictures and in focus like this one on the left: a santa I embroidered long ago taking his place next to my book press and adding a Christmas tone to my studio. 
Happy holidays!

*completed steps:
design development
prototype assembled
papers selected, dimensions calculated, cut
paste background applied on all papers, drying time
papers placed under weight
text applied on all papers

10 comments:

Ampersand Duck said...

Wow, well done you. Love a good list, and this one is very satisfying. Can't wait to see the result!

Anna Mavromatis said...

lists of steps are very gratifying; especially when check marks start appearing next to each one!
BTW I LOVE your book!!!

Rhubarb said...

Oh wow, that's a great list... shame my list reads "thinking about it - on-going"! I am impressed.

Anna Mavromatis said...

I used to have the very same item on my list! For the longest time it read: "thinking about it", then it became "thinking some more" which evolved to "thinking and dreaming about it"...!!!
I am glad those entries were checked, finalized and done!!!

ronnie said...

hmmmmmmm so far I'm hoping to make a list to put 'think about work' on it! I've been thinking and working on something(s) else right now

well done anna getting on with things - I like a good mood shot!

Fiona Dempster said...

Ooo I do love a list! Well done with the ticking off so far...I scribbled even more notes in a notebook on Tuesday in an airport - now I need to translate them into legible notes, and then perchance into a play and a prototype! Very inspiring to learn of your progress Anna.

Amanda said...

Yes, good job Anna! And I love your press too.

Abigail Thomas said...

wow; well done! mine reads; "think about BAO project" - think some more - and do some tests in the new Year.....

Carol said...

I have a list but it's in my head so far - maybe I should get it on paper.

Having been "away" for a while I'm just noticing that Di and Anna have commented on AD's book. Should I be beating my head against Australia Post's door, demanding my parcel?

Anna Mavromatis said...

Thank you all for such positive comments!
Hold your breath thought until you see the final product!...
Rather strange, but sometimes I find easier to complete projects when my work load is overwhelming; lately this is the case, and I am managing a frightening amount of demands with good results.
I wish you all the same!!!