Monday, December 6, 2010

Book memes

There's been a little flurry of excitement on other blogs, looking at what people have been reading/not reading as against a list of 100 books put out by the BBC. Good old Auntie! Duck has had some good posts on this, including her post about a list of 100 Australian books that made me feel ashamed as I think I'd read precisely two. Anyway, I wondered what we've got on our own bookshelves? What non-fiction books are inspirational to the members of BAO?

Now I'm sitting around with my dearest husband at the moment, typing away while he reminisces about programming with two old friends from days gone by and I've had half a bottle of wine so I'm not going to wander down to the studio to look at my bookshelves right now, but I wonder what inspires YOU?

4 comments:

SOEWNEARTH said...

Eco-Dyeing by India Flint

Ampersand Duck said...

Jan Tschichold (sp?): The Form of the Book
Alan Loney: The Printing of a Masterpiece
um...
Shereen LaPlantz: Cover to Cover: Creative Techniques for Making Beautiful Books (I always go back to her)

and definitely

Susan Stewart: On Longing: Narratives of the Miniature, the Gigantic, the Souvenir, the Collection.

Abigail Thomas said...

the penland book of handmade books is one I sometimes reach for for some inspiration but also (un-book art related) walter benjamin's archive is great to flick through and also encourages me to think about my art practice more.

Abigail Thomas said...

woo my html worked! look at that bold! man, i'm so behind with the times if I can only do that much with html!