Wednesday, November 24, 2010

mini progress report

I have finally started developing some “ideas” for our project and today I managed to come very close to realizing “something” based on Winterson’s excerpt from the amazing Art & Lies. I am still not sure if this is my final attempt, but I feel good enough about it to want to share these rather vague but still very real views of my composition, as it stands right now. If from these very close up blurry views you guess the presence of some Greek text… you have VERY good sight! Indeed I have introduced text from a Doric writing that I consider very special, and who knows? It may have also been included in the Library of Alexandria’s treasures.

7 comments:

ronnie said...

fabulous anna! - these are really enticing hinted pics ...... I hope I get some time soon in order to make a start (beyond a few rejected scribbles in my diary that is....)

alison said...

Well done Anna and it looks pretty good to me. I have been busy collecting and writing journals with my ideas and how I might go about it and materials to use , so at least feel like I am getting somewhere. With the end of the year very near I wonder how others are coping as well. I have one more project to finish for February and then it will get 100% attention, that's when the frustrating part begins, am I right? previous participants.
Good luck everyone. Alison

Fiona Dempster said...

Looking gorgeous and intriguing Anna - can't wait to see some more images as it evolves.

Angela said...

Very intriguing and looks great. I love the colours it reminds me of stone. I think I can make out an omega? It also reminds of the wall with the Gortyn Code inscribed on it, which I saw in Crete. I've got some nice photos of it and I will be doing a post about this at some stage.

Alison - it wasn't frustrating for me, but I think it took me a lot longer to get going on the first project. With this one initially I wasn't so sure about the Winterson text but them something clicked and I had an idea straight away.

alison said...

Angela thanks for your reply re frustrating and I know what you mean re "something clicked" as I am now getting ideas at the funniest times so out comes the notebook.
Alison.

Angela said...

Yes the notebook must come out, otherwise its gone. I've got one by my bed. Sometimes I write stuff in the night when the light is off. I can just about make out my scrawl the next morning :-)

moreidlethoughts said...

Ali and Angela...yes, the notebook is all-important!