Tuesday, September 14, 2010

JW text update

Just to let you know that I have heard from Ms Winterson's UK publishers. Before you get excited I should say that what I heard was merely that I should get in touch with her agents (again!) but the crucial news was that she has a different agency than the one mentioned on her website and that my enquiry has already been passed along to the right person. So yes, we're still waiting to hear, but at least the correct person is now reading my enquiry! Fingers crossed we get there before the proposed finish date for the project...

6 comments:

Ida said...

can you please remind me of the proposed finish date?

ronnie said...

PHWORRRRRR what an ordeal!

SCB said...

Oooh, didn't mean to panic anyone! By "proposed finish date" I was sarcastically referring to the Impact 7 Conference NEXT September! Or possibly the SCU Book Arts Awards in February (entry deadline December) - but only if you want to enter as an individual...

Abigail Thomas said...

lol lets hope! I have all my fingers crossed for a speedy reply!

Ampersand Duck said...

Yay, SCB! You are a treasure. I can't wait to get back and get my BIG PRINT out of the way so that I can pay a bit of attention to BAO...

Greetings from the Franz Joseph Glacier (well, from one of the FJG Backpacker lodges!)

Angela said...

Thanks for all your hard work and persistence Sara. Like the last time I would not be actually using the text in my book it would be more inspired by the text. Not sure what others will be doing but do we still need permission if we are just using the text as inspiration?