Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello, I'm guylaine from north


hello everyone

I'm guylaine couture, from montreal, (canada).
first, I have to say that writing in english is difficult for me, so I'm sorry for all the mistakes I will make...

I do artist book for a few years now. at the beginning it was more the “one of a kind” book, but now, sharing a studio with a letterpress and bookbinding artist, I'm able to make 3 or 4 copy or even 15 sometimes. I also make “zines” and a lot of collages/work on paper.

I just put my more recent work on my website if you like to see. I also have a blog where I talk a lot about new persons or things I discover and inspire me or make me smile. It's in french.

I discover Book Art Object via the book-arts list. for now, I experiment with various material and various way to print. because, like I said, making 16 copies will be a challenge for me.
and I'm very please to be part of this project!

11 comments:

Abigail Thomas said...

Welcome Guylaine! Been a 'follower' of your blog for sometime now; google translate is a wonderful thing.

dinahmow said...

Bien venue! For me, writing in French is difficult (Je ne parlais pas francaise depuis 45 ans!)
Abigail is right - the translator is a wonderful
thing! Un chose splendide?

Carol said...

Welcome, Guylaine, I've also been following your blog for a while. Now I must look at your website.

ronnie said...

hello guylaine! hope you enjoy the fun and games and friendship of the group! (looking forward to seeing more of your books)

cheers from sams creek

SCB said...

Bonjour Guylaine! Lovely to have you here and I hope you have fun... it seems as if everyone is just slowly beginning to think about the next project, but we will build up speed in the next few months and I can't wait to see what happens. Sara

Amanda said...

Bonjour Guylaine! Bienvenue! I just visited your blog and site - what beautiful intuitive work! It's great to have you join us!

Anna Mavromatis said...

Guylaine, je vous souhaite la bienvenue!
I am also a new comer to this group and can't wait to see what we are all going to produce in the next few months...
I feel it's going to be a super amazing experience!
PS as for your english... I think is great!

Ida said...

Hi Guylaine. i love your collage, welcome to our group.

guylaine couture said...

thank you all for your great “welcome” messages.
made me smile a lot.

Angela said...

Welcome Guylaine. I wish my French was as good as your English! I agree with Anna - really looking forward to seeing what work will be produced.

alison said...

Hello Guylaine, Iam looking forward to what we all produce.
I guess there will be many different ideas considering the nationalities.
Alison