Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Southern Cross University Acquisitive Artists Book Awards 2011

Just when I wasn't expecting it the invitation appeared on the Artists' Books 3.0 Ning website! Knowing that the exhibition isn't until February 2011 I hadn't thought that the entry forms would be ready yet, but here they are (click on the link on the "News" section on the right hand side of the page to download the entry forms as a .PDF file - thank you to Diane for pointing out that my original link didn't work!). Amanda Watson-Will who participated in Edition One should be congratulated because an image of her work from the 2009 exhibition was all over the Ning website post! Amanda, I hope you don't mind but your book is so beautiful that I had to put it up here...










On behalf of Edition One artists I have emailed the organisers enquiring about whether it will be possible to put the entire edition in as a group entry, and I'll let you know when I've heard back. In the meantime there's nothing stopping us from entering individual works, and it is a really good exhibition. The entry deadline is months away: 6th December, in case you're panicking, and the show opens on February 22nd and runs until March 19th 2011.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks Sara, for all your efforts for us. I'm delighted to see Amanda's beautiful book again, it really is a wonderful example of a flag book that works.

Amanda said...

I'd like to add my thanks to Carol's, Sara. I hadn't seen the post on Artists Books 3.0 so it was a lovely surprise when you drew my attention that way this morning, and OF COURSE I don't mind you posting my book here!!! In fact, I'm most appreciative.

dinahmow said...

Thankyou, Sara. And yes, the flag book is lovely. When I first saw this one I dragged out a rather wonky one and realised why mine didn't "work."
(Too flimsy, if anyone needs to know!)

dinahmow said...

Sara, the link you posted (here they are) gives an error message on SCU's site. Just so you know.

Angela said...

I don't think I have seen Amanda's book before. Its beautiful, and well done for being chose as the featured book in the promotion.

Amanda said...

Just spotted your comment Angela - thanks so much!