Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Introducing myself: Abigail Thomas

Hello all, and a big thank you to everyone from Edition One for welcoming us newbies to Edition Two. My name is Abigail, I am an artist who lives and works in London. My artwork more often than not has an outcome in book form and has been heavily influenced by my day job in a library. I recently curated an exhibition called Micro-Pages that toured libraries and archive centres in the UK; you can find out more about that project on my website here.


I have two blogs; one focusses on the textile aspects of my art practice and the other on the book arts side of things. You can also see images of my work on my flickr page and on my main website. I am really looking forward to Edition Two and cannot wait to see what we all produce.

8 comments:

louloulovesbooks said...

Dear Abigail.. nice to meet you! I am getting around to posting a hello from me too. I've had one of those mad weeks of a house full of summer visitors. Glad to see someone else on here from the UK. I'm slowly getting round to reading all the bloggings and postings to do with the project and it's suffice to say I am scared already.
Best Wishes and lovely image by the way
Louise
{*}

dinahmow said...

Hello, Abigail. Nice to "meet" you in words, although I've had a look through your impressive photos.

ronnie said...

Hi there abigail - I've been enjoying getting to know yourself (and other newbies) via the website links - lovely works!

its nice to 'meet' all of you..... hope you enjoy yourselves with the project


cheers from sams creek

ronnie

Carol said...

Hi Abigail, I feel I know you as I've been reading your blog and following your work for quite a long time. Really good to see you here. I'm sure you'll have a lot to offer us a part of our group. Carol

Amanda said...

Hi Abigail!Welcome! How lovely to have you join our group! Hope you have lots of fun with us. Warmly,
Amanda

Angela said...

Hello Abigail and welcome. More lovely blogs and gorgeous work. I love the felt in the banner of your Fibres to Felt blog, so delicate and beautiful colours.

I think I have followed everyone's blogs now, and also added you all as friends on Artists Books 3.0 if I could find you. Looking forward to getting started!

Hope Sara hears from Janet Winterson soon.

Ida said...

Hi Abigail and all our new members. Great to have you aboard.

Fiona Dempster said...

Hi Abigail I'm looking forward to following our adventures - and have enjoyed reading your bits