Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Copyright clearance for Paper Wrestling

I've just had an email from Claire Beynon, regarding copyright. Her publisher, Roger Steele of Steele Roberts Ltd says the copyright remains with Claire. He suggests we should use the following in our colophon:

Paper Wrestling by Claire Beynon, published by Steele Roberts Ltd in Open Book - Poetry & Images (2007)

I hope this means anyone still wondering, and hesitating, can happily go on with (or commence) interpreting Claire's poem.

7 comments:

ronnie said...

good going carol - I expect things are still in the (copyright)pipeline for the other piece? not that I'm in a mad panic to commence.....

Fiona Dempster said...

Fabulous Carol - that was the last piece of info I needed to finish my book! ha ha if only. It's great to have the colophon and I'm enjoying playing with this poem

SCB said...

That's wonderful! And if anyone's wondering, after two emails, a letter and an attempt at a phone call to New York I am NO NEARER getting permission to use the Jeanette Winterson text, so I'm off to phone someone else who might be able to point me somewhere useful... It's all a bit tedious, really.

dinahmow said...

Thanks, Carol. And thanks to you, too, Sara, for coping with the Winterson headache.

alison said...

Thanks Carol hmmm.....really not too sure about that , no only joking but my brain is still to disconnect from current issues and re connect to this project. I promise I will do my best and I am like a dog with a bone at times.
Alison

ronnie said...

oh that DOES sound like a real bugger sara - at what point did you think we whould move to 'plan b'? (and remind me what plan b was!) I'm not in a hurry to begin (I don't anticipate beginning until after novemeber.... at the earliest!) but I hate to think that you are digging a tunnel across the pacific/atlantic in order to 'make it so'....

Ida said...

no excuses now!! have to start paring back the ideas and make some books.