Friday, August 6, 2010

after hours thoughts...


Does it happen to you? To have a super busy schedule, every day planned to the moment of exhaustion, and then making up for the absence of free time by thinking and developing ideas while asleep?

I cannot justify it any other way, it must be because there is no leisure time lately that I have been waking up fully aware of well thought out artworks ready for execution! Or so it seems for a while. By noon if I think of what my night's  extravagant plans were... well, they don't seem that inspired, that great after all! And yet, in all its sleep state weakness, I recognize in my art planning while asleep activity a likeness to a child's enthusiasm for the new play/game ahead, in this case our BookArtObject project!

I wonder if you are feeling the same way; has any of you started planning (awake or asleep!) the next book?

in the picture: "summer blooms" one of my latest monotypes

6 comments:

dinahmow said...

Snap! Just minutes ago I wrote to a friend that I was, in my head, constructing a huge "thing" for my BAO piece. And then, when my head cleared enough for me to step back...I couldn't possibly make a 9 piece edition of it!

Who said that dreaming is when we can quietly and safely go mad?

ronnie said...

I generally maintain that 'sleep is over-rated'......

but at the moment it's written stuff for the draft plan of my exegesis that's keeping the sandman away - once I commit that to paper I'll allow for dreams of the next BAO project.....

(nice pic btw anna!)

Carol said...

Lovely pic, Anna. I do lots of my thinking in the middle of the night and sometimes even get excited enough to make notes. However, more often than not I find that by morning I KNOW I've had great ideas but they've taken flight with the dawn.

Abigail Thomas said...

yeah its a lovely picture Anna.

Anna Mavromatis said...

Thank you all for commenting; it's so good to see that I am not alone thinking, planning and stressing out while asleep...
I wish all a good week, and to
Ronnie: best of luck on your exegesis!

Fiona Dempster said...

It's just begun for me Anna - I started thinking in my sleep and dreams last night about the books...not sure how many thoughts have made it to the light of day but it is definitely infiltrating my brain now!