Friday, July 30, 2010

A thrill to be part of this...

It's such an exuberant feeling being in the company of similar mind, likes and passion people, a real thrill for me to be writing on this blog! I thank you for welcoming me, for "letting me in" to such wonderful book arts ride!

I visited this blog recently and seeing the amazing books created by you all, feeling the enormous energy spreading through the oceans and reaching all the way Texas, then further exploring your individual blogs, made me wish with all my heart to join. I have been working as a designer of various forms for most of my life; for the last few years I am devoting more and more time to my art, developing themes and stories through a mixed media approach encompassing traditional printmaking techniques and often digitally generated imagery. Samples of my work can be seen on my Artists' Books blog, on my web portfolio, and my more prosaic thoughts and activities on my Ephemera. I enjoy tremendously working along other artists;  my participation in BAO's projects makes this possible and I am grateful!  

So here I am, as excited as it can be to be part of this, to the point of cutting out this "thank you" on a piece of paper last night,  without even realizing it... Until next time we talk... 
All the best to all of you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeepers! That's a novel introduction, Anna. And thankyou for joining us.
Looking forward to this trip...

I'm a More Idle Thoughts, but I'm anon here on accoount of Blogger's hissy fits!

Carol said...

Welcome Anna, and thanks for your very cheerful "thank you". I, too, am really looking forward to our booky adventures.

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Greetings Anna,

This is certainly a wonderful blog and I am glad you have chosen to be part of it.

Wishing you a well,
Egmont

Anna said...

Thank you Egmont; so nice to see you here!
Best to you, too

Angela said...

Welcome Anna. Your blogs are lovely, I am pretty sure I was already following one of them already. I think I commented on some of your photograms, but can't see it now.

Anna said...

Thank you Angela, thank you for following me and for the kind remarks. Indeed you had commented on a cyanotype/photograms post here: http://booklike.blogspot.com/2010/06/blue-as-in-cyanotype.html#commentsphotogram
I enjoy visiting your blog, too!

Angela said...

Thanks Anna, and thanks for posting the link. I was beginning to think I had imagined the whole thing :-)