Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Texts for Edition Two

We seem to have chosen the poem Paper Wrestling by Claire Beynon, suggested by Carol, and the extract from Art & Lies by Jeanette Winterson, suggested by Duck. We now have 15 members of the collective and will be splitting into two groups.

Carol has already established that Claire is happy for us to use her poem. I have just emailed Jeanette Winterson to ask if we can use the extract from her book and I'm waiting to hear back. I imagine she is inundated with emails so it may take a while! If our enquiry is refused we can discuss alternative texts then...

By the way, what do you think about offering the authors a set of the resulting books?

I suggest setting a maximum limit for the number of people interested in working on each text, perhaps 9 people maximum per text? Please let me know which text you would like to work on! I'll keep score: once the list is full for one text you may have to work on the other text, or if you like you are welcome to join both groups!

I'm going to kick things off by putting my name against the Jeanette Winterson extract, and I think Angela and Di have expressed a preference for that text too. Which list would you like to be on?

I'm happy to moderate the two groups if you'd like me to, unless anyone else would like to take over the admin for each group? Up to you.

13 comments:

ronnie said...

winterson for me too puleeeese!

Amanda said...

Yes, I'd like to do the Winterson text too!

Angela said...

Me too - the Winterson text that is -I've already got an idea for it. Hope she agrees to let us use the text.

I think offering the author a set of books is an excellent idea.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Sara.

Ida said...

Claire Beynon for me....such a difficult choice. if you don't get enough people interested in the poem i will be happy to do the Winterson extract. Cheers Jane A

Carol said...

Claire Beynon for me too, but if you don't get enough then I'm really dying to do Winterson. Thanks Sara.

Ampersand Duck said...

It's a really hard choice, and I know I'm a chronic over-committer, but could I please straddle both groups? What is the time frame we're envisaging? I've got lots of space later in the year, around Nov... :) If I have to choose either, I think I'll explode!

Anna said...

I will work on Jeanette Winterson's excerpt, unless there is a need to fill the Paper Wrestling representation...
I am thrilled to be part of this,
more soon!

Abigail Thomas said...

Hi All, firstly thanks for including me in this round, its so exciting to be a part of it.
I think sending the authors a copy is a great idea btw!
I will take a look at the texts this weekend and comment again after; and I will blog a post next week after my open studios festival is done and dusted; such a crazy month here!
x

Abigail Thomas said...

Just read the two texts; love them both so I would be happy with either.

moreidlethoughts said...

Welcome to the newbies!

Yes, I did say the Winterson piece the other day, but I can slip sideways if necessary.
And a final set to the authors is a nice touch.

Fiona Dempster said...

Hi all and thank you for allowing me to join in the wonder and magic of this project! I love the idea of giving a set to the authors and am also happy to work with either text.

Will post an intro soon I promise

Abigail Thomas said...

Me again. Oh my the Winterson one is just such a great text! The ladders violently piercing the books evokes such strong images; its just so good!

guylaine couture said...

hello everyone
I'm so glad to be part of this project.
I would like to work with the text from Claire Beynon
if it's possible. just let me know.