Thursday, July 15, 2010

Group photo!

I've posted a blog entry to Artists Books 3.0, reporting on the fact that Edition One is complete and putting up three photos per artists book and one group photo. I've also invited expressions of interest in Round Two and asked people to email me. I've been reading everyone's comments and I do understand the slight sense of trepidation about expanding the group! But I also think that as long as no single working group has more than 8-ish members it shouldn't be too onerous. Believe me, I don't want to make huge editions either; eleven boxes and books were quite enough for me...
















I took several photos of each piece at 300 dpi, so the file size is about 2Mb. The photos that are up on the Artists Books 3.0 website are compressed to less than 100Kb at 70 dpi. If you would like copies of any of the photos email me and I'll send them to you.















Amanda Watson-Will

I'd also be grateful if you could check out the photos I've taken of your work on the Artists Books 3.0 website. To look at the photos either log on to the website, find my blog post on the front page and click on my name OR click on the 'Members' tab at the top of the front page and enter my name in the box under 'All Members' on the left hand side and click on my name when it comes up. Either way you'll be taken to my page on the site and you should be able to locate the photos fairly easily by clicking 'View All' under the heading 'My Photos'. I added the information you included in your books as a comment against each photograph, together with the Edition Number. Let me know if I've made any mistakes by emailing me and I'll correct them as soon as I can.
















Jane Aliendi





















Diane Patmore





















Caren Florance














Angela Callanan





















Carol Cantrell





















Rhonda Ayliffe
















Sara Bowen

9 comments:

ronnie said...

WOW

these photos (and the others on artists books 3.0) look amazing!

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of round 2 of BAO

waaaa-hooo

buechertiger said...

Each single one turned out so amazing! Congratulations to all of you!

Ida said...

they look GOOD! well done sara!

Beth Lee said...

Beautiful work! And what a wonderful endeavor! I would love to have been involved in it.

Anna said...

FANTASTIC!
The books, the photos, the idea(s), the collaboration!
Congratulations from my heart!!!

Angela said...

Gorgeous Sara - and thanks very much for doing this.

Carol said...

Thanks Sara, the photos are great. It was a wonderful adventure and I'm looking forward to the next one.

moreidlethoughts said...

Thankyou, Sara. I am happy to be a part of the BAO group.
Like Carol, I'm looking forward to the next venture.

Ampersand Duck said...

Yay! I have no proper camera at the moment, so it's great to see wonderful photos of everything. Thanks!

and I am going to send in thoughts about the process etc before July 31, just trying to get everything else sorted first!