Monday, June 21, 2010

& quack!

Be still my beating heart... yet more excitement when I opened my mailbox this morning: the NAVA boxed set on how to be a super-duper artist who knows everything about tax, promotion, etc., etc., AND a book from dear Duck.

I smiled when I opened Caren's envelope because I knew from the references to monotype print processes that her book would smell great, and it does. Aaaah! The waft of printing ink on paper! Music to my nose, or something, and a handy reminder that I should be printing things myself, instead of thinking about printing things and feeling frustrated. Thank you, Caren!

5 comments:

Carol said...

My copy came this morning and it is a beautiful and moving interpretation of the poem. The printing, the paper, the binding work so well together - I'm very happy to now own this book. Thanks, AD!

ronnie said...

mine arrived in yesterday's mail like you sara - and wasn't it a delight to open and hold? I love the delicate paper with delightful monoprints and letterpress.... lovely.

Ida said...

Thanks duck, it is beautiful!!!

Ampersand Duck said...

Oh, thank you for making me feel so much better! And I think Australia Post is amazing... I only posted them on Friday afternoon!

Angela said...

I received mine too! Its gorgeous. Love the binding, paper, prints and letterpress. You are so lucky to have access to such great equipment, especially the letterpress. Thanks Caren.