Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Home, and gone again...

Home momentarily from New Zealand, going again this morning to parts as yet undecided. Western New South Wales most likely, but it depends on weather, state of the roads. It was to have been Longreach in Qld but everywhere I wanted to go has been flooded in the past couple of months so we're just going to see what we can see in NSW. Birds, I hope. And old hotels, and junk shops.

The most exciting thing on coming home was the enormous pile of mail, which I knew would contain books from Ronnie and Jane. Both, so different, but so beautifully thought out and executed. Thank you both so much, the Book Art Object books are taking pride of place on my shelves.

Mine is well under way, thank goodness. I'm still having moments of panic but I'm getting there. After months of thinking my life was too messy to be able to do this, I'm feeling that perhaps travel does clear the mind - hope so, anyway. I'll be computer free for at least a week, maybe longer, and because I'm with Vodafone, my mobile coverage will be impossible once I get beyond the big smoke. See you later...

3 comments:

SCB said...

Have fun, Carol! It sounds as if you will - I look forward to hearing all about it at some point on your blog. I'm sad you won't be at the Libris Awards but hope to catch up with you soon, Sara x

Carol said...

Thanks Sara, I'm sorry I won't be there but I'm hoping to go next year. Have a great time.

Ida said...

hi Carol, have a good time on your travels...storing up lots of inspiration I bet. I too look forward to reading all about it one day.