Sunday, February 14, 2010

sneak peek...





or perhaps I should say - sneaky peek....






here are my 12 little BOA bits all-but-finished and drying under boards and booky weights



what you can't see them clearly? oh darn - you'll just have to wait for them to arrive in the post! I expect to be posting the collection out to BOA folk by the end of the month (the weather has been humid, then damp, and now it's positively MOIST..... I'm not going to take any chances and send these guys out into the world before I'm confident enough that they've assumed their final position and feel ready to face the public)



but I'm breathing a sigh of relief that barring flood (possible) cyclone (extremely unlikely) or fire (lets not even think about it!) all possible disasters are now in the past - and I only had one major hiccup - I accidentally put something in upside down in one of the twelve (oooops!) but rest assured none of you will be receiving the dud version in the mail



phew - I'm feeling its time for a rest now - I hope everyone else is having a great time with their edition (keep your eyes on the mailbox in early march....)





9 comments:

Amanda said...

Ooh! you are a tease! Guess we'll just have to practise patience...

Carol said...

Can't wait, Ronnie, though I guess I'll have to because I'll be in NZ from 24 Feb to 30 March so it will probably be here after I leave. Hopefully I'll be able to stay in touch so I'll be reading Book Art Object with great interest.

Ida said...

Well done. Can't wait.

Angela said...

Looking forward to receiving the book. Its all very exciting!

Ronnie - you have made an edition of 12. What size editions are others making? And is everyone including a colophon?

Amanda said...

Hi Angela - I am planning an edition of between 12 and 15. I want to have some copies to sell. And yes, I'll be including a colophon.

Ida said...

Hi Angela I am only doing an edition of 10, I hope this is ok as I'm nearly finished - would be able to make others if necessary and yes I have a colophon.

Angela said...

Thanks. I was thinking of 10 first, but then I was also thinking of having some to sell too. Will have to see how I get on. I need to check out the post that explained the colophon format, I've never done one before.

Carol said...

I've completely changed track yet again and I'm making an edition of 12 so I can give copies to my family. And yes, I have a colophon.

dinahmow said...

Yes, I'll include a colophon, similar to that The Duck suggested.And I'm making 10.
And I may have edged Carol out of the running for changing designs!
You'll have to wait, of course, but I can tell you that,weather permitting, I may have some progress photos later today...