I'm still waiting to print out the paper to make the rest of the books but, as my studio gets packed up in a box (agaiiiiiiiinnnnn!) soon I thought I'd better get a move on with the boxes. I felt that the books need some protection and that the box had better relate to the book somehow!
I discovered that the alphabet punches I bought last year are very useful, just in case you thought I was mad enough to cut the letters out by hand... although I did have to extract the dies from their casings and hammer the letters out individually because the hand-operated punch provided with the letters wasn't strong enough to punch the letters out of the paper I chose, and I chose stiff paper so that it shows up clearly when blind embossed under the book cloth! So far, so good. The boxes are glued, filled, filed and ready to be covered. And that's going to have to wait for another day as having been to school twice already today (once to drop off darling daughter this morning and then swan up to our block to take photos of the progress on our house, and then back again at lunch time to help darling daughter's classmates celebrate her birthday) I have to go back again now for a Board meeting. Drat!
Evennnntually the boxes will, I hope, be covered with black book cloth and lined with a digital print, the poem and the colophon we discussed earlier.