Monday, November 23, 2009

marbling up a storm

I've just returned from a very hot weekend in Sydney where I spent 2 days in a watercolour marbling workshop with Joan Ajala



Aside from picking up a wealth of valuable tips and tricks and info about watercolour marbling I managed to create some papers for the book-art-object project - and I'm really pleased with them - hope you like them too as I expect them to feature in the book edition...

I've created a simple stormant or stone pattern - in variations of blue (blues on blue paper - blues on purple - blues on white...) If I'm very very careful and thrifty I might have enough for the entire edition - if not - well I have a back up plan....




(when I recover from the long trip I'll post somthing about the workshop over at art & etc for interested bystanders.... right now I'm far too exhausted!)

6 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely. Isn't Joan marvellous? Look forward to seeing your marbling in your books. And you've just alerted me to the fact that Joan's probably on the Central Coast right now and I haven't rung her.

SCB said...

Cool paper Ronnie! I look forward to it... Sara x ps. I keep commanding the rain clouds to come down your way but the beggars aren't taking any notice. I promise to keep trying and meanwhile fingers crossed no fires start in your area.

dinahmow said...

Well, I'll look forward to that, but do catch your breath, Ronnie!

Amanda said...

These look gorgeous! Lucky you. Looking forward to your post when you are rested up.

Ida said...

lovely!!! aren't you working either. lol.

ronnie said...

thanks for all the nice words folks - I'd hoped that you might like them.

and as for not working Ida.... you couldn't be further from the truth.... am neck deep in eeek at present... and in survival mode only.... but complaining aint helping (if you were anywhere to be found I would be complaining BIG time to you!)