Sunday, September 6, 2009

getting started...

Well I don't know about anyone else in the group – but I've made a start (of sorts) I've ordered and received a parcel of lovely coloured linen thread from Bibiani....



no I haven't done anything else – not yet.... but I'm counting this as a start! (and no I haven't got a clue what colours I might be using)

I WAS hoping that I would be telling all about my time in a paper marbling workshop that I was expecting to be doing this weekend in Sydney... and showing off some attractive papers to whet your appetites but, agggghhhh, it wasn't to be – maybe it will be rescheduled in time to allow me to create some great papers to use in this project – fingers crossed (I can really SEE some marbled endpapers or covers or something...... agggghhhhh!)




it's been one of those fortnights...



5 comments:

SCB said...

Yummy thread! What is it about thread that I find so appealing...? Probably the ex-dressmaker in me! The marbling sounds great, Ronnie, hope to catch up with it in due course.

Well I'm taking the poem away with me in the hope that by the time I get back I will be FULL OF IDEAS as well as chocolate. Sara :)

dinahmow said...

If buying gorgeous threads constitutes "a start" then I, too, have started - I've found some silk(in my long-neglected sewing stash!) and as soon as I can shut myself away from cats I'll see if I have enough for what I intend.

Amanda said...

Hm, well, my start is all in my head at the moment... but I do want to say thanks for alerting me to Bibiani. Sources in Australia are few and far between.

Ces said...

DINAHMOW!

HELLO! HELLO! Yes! I am so delighted, I am screaming. I was reading old blog posts and I saw your name and wondered how you are doing!

Ah the thought of you just made me smile. I remember your poetry.

Carol said...

Isn't thread the most gorgeous substance - along with paper of course. I didn't know about Bibiani so I agree with Amanda that it's good to find an Australian source. It was such bad luck that Joan couldn't teach her marbling workshop but she had a pretty serious accident that has been a real blip in her life. She assures me she is mending well, I do hope so.

My plans for my book have been flourishing (in my head) while I'm suffering an enforced time of bedrest. I'm hoping a fevered imagination will have produced something I can carry out.